Autumn has arrived and I am so ready for it! Autumn is my favourite season because it’s acceptable to wear jumpers and knee-high boots all month long! So I thought I’d give you a blog post on these cinnamon swirl cupcakes in honour of all things Autumn!
These are super easy to make, so yummy and it doesn’t take very long to whip up a batch!
Ingredients (Makes 12)
- 115g Unsalted Butter
- 115g Caster Sugar
- 115g Self Raising Flour
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2-3 tbsp Milk
- 3 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 75g Demerara Sugar
- Blend the butter and sugar together until pale and creamy, give it a good 5 minutes of mixing to make sure all the sugar is blended in properly (makes for a smooth mixture)
- Add the eggs in one at a time and mix together, add some flour into the mixture now if it starts to split.
- Next put the flour in and combine with the mixture, I also added a tsp of vanilla extract and 2 tbsp of milk.
- Then once everything is combined, mix the demerara sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- Now you can start layering the mixture into the cases, I did one layer of cake mixture and then one layer of the cinnamon and sugar mix. Continue doing this until you run out of cake mixture, I did about three layers of each.
- To make them cinnamon swirl cupcakes, grab a cocktail stick and make a spiral shape in the mixture, this will create a swirl of both mixtures.
- Then pop them in the oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
To decorate I did a simple vanilla butter cream and finished with a sprinkle of cinnamon over the top! These are so tasty and just make me think of Autumn! I hope you enjoy making these as much as I did and be sure to let me know how they went!
As always thank you so much for reading and I’ll see you next time xo